I don’t normally comment on technology on this blog, but this time I am so excited, I need to share the news. There is finally a low cost Learning Management System (LMS) plugin being made available for WordPress users that will allow presentations or coursework to be integrated into websites, blogs, content management sites running on the WordPress framework.
Due to be released on January 28th, 2013, LearnDash allows users to create their own “learning centers” that look and feel that they are an integral part of the website, regardless of which theme you are using. Some of the features that I am excited about are:
- No Limits. Create one or many courses/presentations and post them for use
- Access Control. You can allow everyone, or only select users to view the lessons. And only during certain times and/or dates.
- For-Profit/Not-for-Profit. You choose. Give it away for free or charge by the lesson course or site.
- Track your registrants. Produce reports noting time on the site, lessons taken, quiz results, etc.
- It just works! Plug it in and begin your content creation.
And all of this at a fraction of the price that commercial LMS systems cost!
Watch here and see some of the uses of LearnDash in action. I will be one of the early users!
DISCLAIMER: I have no financial involvement in LearnDash; I am just an excited early user.