Better Organizations during, before and after the Meeting
Welcome to dbaMeeting!
Meetings starting late?
No one prepared?
Why did I attend?
You can have that efficient, well-prepared meeting to make decisions and go home (or return to work). A prepared organization that conducts well-designed meetings is the difference for the attendees between a poor experience and a tremendous one.
We provide effective advice for conventions, meetings, presiding officers, and bylaws/governance document revisions. Not only do we know parliamentary procedure and Robert’s Rules of Order, but also organizational development and management as well.
Our mission is simple: Helping you be productive!
Meetings in the US
Meetings are probably one of your organization’s most expensive overhead costs, and many are considered ineffective. Every meeting – whether online or in-person – is an investment of time, money and resources. According to Forbes magazine, a total of $37 billion and one-third of the time spent in meetings each year is wasted.
Isn’t it time to increase your bottom line and reclaim the productivity of your staff and volunteers?
Total Cost (Billion $)
% Wasted Hours
We follow a rigorous, four step process regardless of whether we are working on governance documents, meeting preparations, organizational change recommendations, etc. By following these four steps, we provide you with a complete set of information so you can complete the plan and be self-sustaining into the future.
How do you function today? How do you want to operate? We examine where you are and where you need to go before any recommendations.
We analyze the data collected in step one to prove options to get you where you want to go. We review each option with you – and Stay with you – until a decision is made.
Once a joint decision is made, we prepare a plan to follow and work with you every step of the way to accomplish the plan.
We work with you, hand in hand, until you complete your plan. We will stay with you as long as it takes to ensure your success.
Ask These 3 Questions
Before your Meeting
- Meeting Needed?
- Only those Required?
- Advance Materials?
Do we need this meeting?
Are the correct persons invited?
Do the attendees have the agenda and background materials in advance?
The Microsoft Personal Productivity Challenge survey reveals interesting conclusions about weekly personal productivity in the United States:
Hours Worked (weekly)
Hours Unproductive (weekly)
Hours in Meetings (weekly)
Did You Know?
What Types of Businesses do you Work with?
What Types of Services do you Provide?
Where are you Located?
How do you Charge for your Services?
- Even if Robert’s Rules of Order or the AIP Standard Code of Parliamentary Procedure is your parliamentary authority, you can create custom rules to fit your own needs?
- Bylaws do not have to contain every rule for your association (nor be 50 pages long?) Procedure manuals can be prepared for each subject area and can be changed much more simply than bylaws!
- A Professional Presider can chair your association meeting, ensuring neutrality during contentious deliberations.
- A treasurer’s report never is “adopted,” “accepted,” or “approved;” it is simply “received” as it is given and no motion should be made. On the other hand, an auditors’ report, is “accepted” or “adopted.”
- An ex officio member has all the rights and privileges – including voting – as any member, unless those rights are constrained by your adopted rules.
- A Professional Parliamentarian can advise the President on “sticky” procedural subjects – both inside and outside of your meeting.
What People Say:
Clients and colleagues alike share their thoughts.
Past President, Oklahoma Association of REALTORS
– Bill Wylie
CEO, WLW Company LLC
Let us help you be better prepared!
Whether you’re looking to solve a problem, have a question, or just want to get information,just contact us right here. We’ll get you an answer quickly and easily.